The great challenges of the Association of Friends of the Portuguese Armed Forces – AFA:
Broadening the culture of sharing: the culture of sharing has been identified as one of the main challenges facing the Association and its members. Valuing their diversity, promoting dialogue and partnerships, creating – with partners – differentiated and convergent synergies of exchange;
– The capacity for organizational sustainability emerges from a sustainable organizational structure at the financial and organizational level. This capacity includes internal impetus so that the Association is increasingly a reference in terms of transparency and competence in its work;
– To improve its effectiveness through ethical, behavoral, organizational and action criteria.
– To build mechanisms for sharing resources, for alliances and seeking their resources.
Analytical principles of work:
The systematization of analytical principles will be sought for the study, investigation and elaboration of proposals and projects leading to a uniform methodology, according to the following principles:
• Creation of differentiated and convergent synergies of exchanges;
• Division of efforts through knowledge partnerships;
• Provide an overview of the peculiarities of each country of the CPLP, allowing its knowledge and strategic understanding.
Areas of intervention and research and development [R & D]:
History and Culture;
Citizenship for Defense;
Science and technology;
Macro Markets and Nations;
New State Issues;
Business Strategy – Defense Industries;
National Strategic Design;
Continental Shelf and EEZ – Exclusive Economic Zone;
The Strategy of the Association of Friends of the Portuguese Armed Forces – AFA
Different ways of approaching issues or problems and teaching how to treat them, using the appropriate tools, a general and well-established desire;
A distributed network: the participation of the various groups constituted by delegates and advisers.
To add people, public and private institutions in the institutional nucleus of the Association of Friends of the Portuguese Armed Forces – AFA, reinforcing it with partnerships and cooperation protocols to reflect on the approaches of the Portuguese Navy and CPLP countries;